Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Heart Is Not A Revolving Door

What did I do wrong that I do not deserve a man who will accept me for me?

What did I do wrong that I do not deserve a man who will love unconditionally?

What did I do wrong that I do not deserve a man to start a family with?

What did I do wrong that I do not deserve…?

My heart is not a revolving door, nor is my female counterparts.

You cannot call me or text me wanting to pick up where we left off.

My life is not a fairy tale; prince charming has not swept me off my feet.

So I ask this question…why do men from my past continue to resurface?

I do not believe that people change; if they did it once than they will do it again.

Men are so smooth, they know just what to say to get you to wear the dummy hat again.

But I refuse to be played for a fool, I refuse to be the other, and I refuse to wait on you.

My eyes are open, but not my heart!

I am 29 years old now, how old will I be when happiness has found me because my heart is not a revolving door.

3 comments:

  1. take it easy dear..he will come in a perfect package..don't rush things up..just enjoy what you have at the moment ..oK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. in God's time.. He has a lot of surprises.. you know.. He just need you to wait for the perfect time...:) cheer up..

    :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like Charlotte; where is he already!

    ReplyDelete